Thursday 12 January 2017

Morgan Schneiderlin joins Everton from Manchester United for initial £20m

Morgan Schneiderlin has described a reunion with Ronald Koeman and Everton’s ambition as the decisive factors in his move from Manchester United to Goodison Park.
The France international ended his difficult Old Trafford career on Thursday when he signed a four-and-a half-year contract with Everton. United, who paid
£25m for the midfielder in July 2015 , will recoup an initial £20m and £24m with add-ons.
Schneiderlin is Everton’s second signing this month following the arrival of the 19-year-old Ademola Lookman in an £11m deal from Charlton Athletic and his addition enabled Tom Cleverley to join Watford on loan. The former United and England midfielder, who had a productive loan spell at Vicarage Road in 2009‑10, may sign for Watford permanently in the summer for a fee of around £8m, giving Everton a healthy profit on a player signed on a free transfer in 2015.
Koeman said he was “very pleased” to have signed the 27-year-old, having criticised Everton’s transfer business following the FA Cup defeat against Leicester City on Saturday and seen an initial £19m bid rejected by United. West Bromwich Albion also had an £18m offer for Schneiderlin dismissed by United and the midfielder admitted that Koeman, with whom he worked for a season at Southampton, influenced his decision to move to Merseyside.
Schneiderlin said: “There is a manager in place here that I know, I know he can get the best out of me, I know his style and how he likes to play football. He was very good for me and, obviously, he was a massive player in his playing days and you can only learn from the best. At Southampton he gave me some great advice to keep improving every day and it was a pleasure to work with him.
“We spoke since the time I knew Everton would be interested. I know his ambition and why he came here. He believes in this project and I do too. We are trying to achieve something here and this is what I am here for. When I spoke with the manager and the people in place at Everton I understood immediately that they have a very good project for the future of the football club. I just want to play football. I want to put my print on this club and do everything to get Everton where it belongs.”
Schneiderlin could make his Everton debut against Manchester City on Sunday although he has made only three brief substitute appearances in the Premier League this term. Signed on the same day as Bastian Schweinsteiger by United, the midfielder started 25 league games in his debut season under Louis van Gaal but fell out of favour under José Mourinho.
Koeman said: “I’m very pleased because I know the player, I know the qualities of the player, I know him as a person and he’s really desperate to come to Everton – and that’s what we need. He’s a strong character. He can play in different positions in the midfield. He’s also a fast player, he’s a clever player and he’s a personality. Normally, he’s part of the French national team and at 27 years old he’s part of the future at Everton.
“Morgan is really hungry to show his qualities and to play because that is the best thing for a football player. You are born as a football player to play games, not to sit on the bench or not be part of the team. But this is a new step, it’s a new future and he will show his qualities. I am convinced of that.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Download song: Adonai God - Precious Oreva [MP3 Download]

Adhekoyibo Precious Oreva is a native of Delta State. She graduated from the University of Benin, where she studied mass communication.