Friday 16 September 2016

See some Lagosians putting their lives on the line by crossing an express way even when there was a bridge close to them.

The  maxim 'a word is enough for the wise' is drastically correct because there are a lot of people who claim to be wise but are not. I would like to say that the action of a man determines his level of wisdom. No wonder Hall(1959) stated in his book that 'action speaks louder than noise'.
I was at Mile 12 this morning about to buy some things needed. Then I stood, looking at the beautiful bridge APC constructed in that area, so asked myself the reason why people complain that APC doesn't rule the city very well. Well, I thought at the same time that everyone was entitled to his or her own opinion. I bought all I wanted and took the bridge as a good Lagosian. Having crossed to the other side of the road, I became surprise to see some Lagosians crossing the road without using the bridge. Are these people insane? Why did they decide to ignore the bridge which was close to them? These were the questions I asked myself. I couldn't help but took some pictures as proof.Though many people were looking at me and I knew that they thought that I was a government worker. Hmmmmm, I didn't feel shy but took the pictures and left.
Please Lagosians and Nigerians in general, let's use the bridge to avoid accident.Remember, your presence is important to the second man.


This post first appeared on Noble's Blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Download song: Adonai God - Precious Oreva [MP3 Download]

Adhekoyibo Precious Oreva is a native of Delta State. She graduated from the University of Benin, where she studied mass communication.